If you never had braces as a teenager, you might think that it’s too late to get a straighter smile.
But it’s never been easier to discreetly fix teeth and bite alignment issues, thanks to Invisalign®! There’s no need to commit to a mouthful of metal, and the average treatment time is only 12 months.
Your orthodontic treatment won’t slow you down, and because the clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible, your friends and colleagues might not even know you’re wearing them!
Plus, think of the results: A straighter smile is sure to boost your confidence and enhance your appearance! If you are interested in adult orthodontics in White Rock, BC, call White Rock Dental Group at (604) 635-1695!
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces that is great for busy people on-the-go. It was introduced in 1999 after its creator, who was himself an adult orthodontics patient, had a revelation: a series of retainer-like devices could encourage incremental teeth movement for an eventually dramatic result.
This innovative orthodontic treatment involves a set of clear plastic aligners. You will wear one for about 20 to 22 hours each day, removing it when you eat and for regular cleanings. You’ll swap out your aligner every week or so for the next one in the series.
Each aligner will encourage the gentle movement of your teeth horizontally, vertically, and even rotating them if necessary.
How Is Invisalign Different From Traditional Braces?
Let’s start with the similarities. Both Invisalign and traditional metal braces have proven to be effective treatments for mild to complex dental misalignment cases. Plus, they both cost about the same.
But Invisalign offers many benefits that braces do not.
Unlike braces, Invisalign is:
- Virtually invisible. You won’t have to worry about metal brackets and wires distracting from your smile during the course of your treatment!
- Removable. Have an important event like a wedding and don’t want to worry about your aligner? Just remove your it for the duration of the event, and pop it back in when it’s over.
- Low-maintenance. Because you remove your appliance when you brush and floss, taking care of your teeth is as easy as it was before your orthodontic treatment began. No need for special flossers! Plus, it’s simple to take care of the aligner itself. All you have to do is brush it and run it under lukewarm water!
- Convenient. You don’t have to alter your lifestyle to accommodate your treatment. With Invisalign, there are no eating restrictions. And if you live an active lifestyle, you can play the sports you love without worrying that a metal bracket will cut your mouth or become dislodged.
Are Straighter Teeth Healthier Than Crooked Teeth?
Orthodontic work won’t just benefit your smile cosmetically. Straighter teeth can improve your overall oral health!
This is largely because straighter teeth are easier to clean, so fixing misalignment issues makes your regular brushing and flossing more effective.
Brushing and flossing help prevent gum disease and tooth decay, both of which are caused by food particles that linger in your mouth for too long. When not properly removed, those food particles invite bacterial buildup. And both gum disease and tooth decay can bring about a number of more serious dental complications if not properly treated.
How Do I Know If Invisalign Is Right For Me?
Invisalign has allowed millions of people around the world to achieve straighter, more beautiful smiles! And for most people, it’s a great option.
Invisalign is commonly used to treat misalignment issues such as:
- Gapped teeth, which can cause surrounding teeth to shift if left untreated.
- Overbite, which occurs when the upper teeth excessively overlap the lower teeth.
- Underbite, where the lower teeth overlap the upper teeth.
- Open bite, which occurs when you’re unable to bite down fully.
- Crowded teeth, where it seems like there’s not enough room in your mouth for all your teeth.
- Crossbite, which occurs when the upper and lower jaws do not properly align.
However, the only way to know for sure whether Invisalign treatment is right for you is to consult with a dental professional.
When you come to White Rock Dental Group for your initial consultation, you’ll be able to meet Dr. Rogers and our caring staff.
So if you’re ready to start your journey to a healthier and more attractive smile, call us at (604) 635-1695 and ask about Invisalign orthodontic treatment. You can also use our convenient online form.